Friday, February 8, 2008

Girl's Varsity Basketball hopes for a spot in the EIL tournament

LAURA BULKELEY '08

The start to the girl’s varsity basketball season at Beaver has been both trying and exciting. The first game against Berwick was a heartbreaker, when the girls lost by one point in the last few seconds. Though the girls suffered other losses, there have also been some exciting wins against Southfield and Bancroft. Dani Lubin Levy (’09) and Janaya Hart (’09) have led the team as junior captains.

Though the captains play a large role, other players such as Emily Belowich (’11) and Ibbie Yardley (’10) are regular starters and help the team with their high spirits and tough play. Their promise, along with a strong JV team, keeps hope for a strong program in the future. Already, Kasjah Scarlett (’11) has been brought up to varsity from JV and has had ample playing time. At the end of the year, the team will only lose three seniors, one of which has started in two games. Unfortunately, the team has begun to suffer due to injuries. Jessye Crawford (’08) and Kasjah Scarlett are both out due to hand injuries. Kasjah will be out for two weeks, and Jessye will be out for the rest of the season.

Though the team has gotten off to a rough start with a record of 4-9, there is still time to improve. The girls have beaten in-league Bancroft twice, showing that Beaver is a competitor and will hopefully grab a spot in the EIL tournament. The end of the season will surely be intense; come support the team on senior night this Friday at 3:30pm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea right

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHA

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 200 pounds everwhere. But definitively I base this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that meticulous make. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 300 bucks on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that meticulous model. The prices seeking the boots are approximately 240 bucks on every site. But for all I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots were around 220 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Wangfujing Road is a in fashionableness commercial boulevard which also reflects the ex- Beijing. Visitors can perform sample tribe handicrafts, a number of forms of ethnic group crafts and souvenirs in the street.

[url=http://www.herve-sale.com]herve leger spring 2010[/url] moncler kids christian louboutin barbie valentino handbags flower christian louboutin boots on sale